I recently got the opportunity to play along with a group of Designers using some fun burlap products.
I really love working with burlap. So many ideas, too little time. Here’s a few of the many things you can make using burlap.
My first project is a simple and elegant idea for decorating a plain muslin bag.
- Start with a plain muslin bag.
- Lay diamond stencil over the bag and secure in place with removable tape.
- Stipple over the stencil with white acrylic paint.
- Adhere a 1 1/2″ strip of burlap around center of bag.
- Glue a thin piece of white lace around the bottom of the burlap strip.
- For the heart: Paint a small piece of red burlap with several coats of white acrylic paint, creating the nice soft pink color.
- Cut burlap with heart die.
- Adhere sheer pink rosette ribbon onto pink heart and glue onto front of muslin bag.
- Cut and Decorate a small tag.
The Burlap Utensil Holder uses the 3 1/2″ navy striped burlap ribbon.
- Cut a 12″ strip of burlap ribbon.
- Fold over one end of the ribbon approx. 1/2 end and glue using a good Fabri Tac glue. I used small metal binder clips to secure the ribbon in place while drying.
- Create a 4″ pouch by folding and gluing ribbon. (love those binder clips)Glue a piece of 1 1/2″ burlap ribbon around pouch.
- Glue lace over burlap ribbon and tie with a piece of cream crinkle ribbon.
- Embellish with a flower and stick pin.
- Add a napkin and utensil and your ready to go.