I love using the word “JOY” in my holiday decorating.
It’s one of my favorite words. Who doesn’t need a little more “JOY” in their life.
The Joy Frame is a Quick and Easy Holiday Home Décor Project.
- Supplies Needed:
- 6″ Nordic Snowflakes stencil
- Chipboard Letters (mine are 1/2″ thick and 3 1/2″ tall)
- 12 x 12 Holiday Scrapbook Paper
- Old Frame
- Red and Cream Acrylic Paint
- Stencil Brush
- Tim Holtz: Vintage Photo Distress Ink
- Ink Applicator
- Black Spray Paint
- Craft Glue
- Greenery, Gingham Bow, Button and Red Jingle Bell
- Remove the backing and glass from an old frame and spray paint it black. My frame holds an 8 1/2 x 11 picture.
- Cut the scrapbook paper to size and add to frame.
- Paint the chipboard letters red.
- Stencil Snowflake design onto the red letters with cream paint.
- Apply a light coat of red paint over the snowflakes.
- Antique the letters with Vintage Photo ink and ink applicator.
- Glue inside of frame.
- Embellish frame with some greenery and a red and cream gingham bow.
My original plan was to have cream snowflakes on red letters. After I got through with the stenciling, I thought the snowflakes looked too bright so I decided to re-paint the letters. As soon as I put on the first thin layer of paint, I loved the tone on tone result. Happy Accident!
(This project was created for and sponsored by Clear Scraps.)