Congratulations on your Special Day!
Weddings, Anniversaries, Birthdays… customize a tag to fit the celebration.
I hope you enjoyed my DIY Wedding Projects this week and feel inspired to make
a few DIY projects of you own.
For me… The joy is in the making. (and the giving, of course)
Shop Handmade – The Wedding Store
Wedding Tag Supplies Needed:
- 24” Antique White Double Face Satin Ribbon 7/8”
- 12” Antique White Double Face Satin Ribbon 5/8”
- 12” Pierre 810 Ivory Ribbon 5/8”
- 4” Galena 1/8” Silver Ribbon
- 4” Design Chain Tracy-Silver
- 2 Gleaming Leaves
- Deco Ice Round Stick Pin
- 3 1/2” x 6 1/4” Tag
- Sweet Afternoon: In the Attic 12 x 12 scrapbook paper (Teresa Collins)
- Beacon Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive* (affiliate link)
- Glue Dots Mini Roll*
- Cream Card-stock
- Computer Generated Greeting
- Small Cream Button
- Cream Colored Twine
- Silver Leaf Pen
- Double Stick Adhesive Tape Runner
Directions for Wedding Tag:
- Cut a 3 1/2” x 6 1/4” tag out of scrapbook paper.
- To create the pleated ribbon you will need 12” of the Pierre Ivory ribbon. Fold 1/2” end of the ribbon under and secure with a mini glue dot.
- Turn ribbon over and create pleats by folding and gluing each fold inside and under securing with mini glue dot.
- Glue pleated ribbon onto bottom of the tag.
- For added detail, glue Galena 1/8” silver ribbon over pleated ribbon.
- Glue Design Chain Tracy-Silver onto tag above pleated ribbon.
- Cut 12” of Antique White 7/8” ribbon.
- Using the needle and thread with a long tail, make a simple running stitch down one side of the ribbon.
- Gather ribbon together with thread and tie in the center to form the ribbon rosette flower.
- Glue a gem cut from the Design Chain Tracy onto the center of the flower.
- Create and print computer generated greetings on to cream card-stock.
- Cut greetings down and edge card-stock with silver leaf pen.
- Adhere first greeting to tag using double stick tape runner, allowing part of the greeting to hang over edge of the tag.
- Glue Ribbon Flower onto tag above first greeting.
- Glue Gleaming leaves under flower.
- Add second greetings to the Deco Ice stick pin. Leave enough room on the card-stock greeting to fold around the pin and adhere.
- Stick Deco Ice pin into the glued flower.
- Insert remaining 7/8” Antique White Satin Ribbon into top hole on tag.
- Fold 5/8” Antique White Satin Ribbon to form a bow. Tie and knot around the center of the bow with the cream twine.
- Tie bow around 7/8” ribbon and secure.
- Thread small cream button on ends of the twine and secure on the front of the bow with a knot.
Disclaimer: This blog uses ads and affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase using one of the links, I receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you) that helps offset the costs of maintaining this blog. Thanks for your support!