Since I’m feeling a little creative on this beautiful sunny Sunday…
I decided to finish painting this colorful Rustic Pallet Frame that I started working on yesterday
evening. As the name suggests, the frame is rustic and somewhat rough.
Because I was planning on stenciling on it… I sanded the front of the frame to make it smoother.
I wasn’t worried about making it completely smooth.
The Colorful Chalkboard Frame would be a great project to make with the kiddos.
Directions to make the Colorful Chalkboard Frame:
- Sand the front of the frame.
- Paint the frame with white acrylic paint.
- Paint the top of each pallet section with different acrylic colors. Sort of a modified rainbow.
- Because the stencil had four unique patterns, I decided each color needed its own pattern.
- Mask off each section of the wood before stenciling.
- Stencil using a stipple brush and white acrylic paint.
- Allow to dry completely
- To mute to colors: Lightly sand the frame with a sanding block. (optional)
- For an added sheen: Apply clear crème wax to front of frame, allow to sit for one hour and buff.
- I added a small chalkboard to the inside of the frame.
- Walnut Hollow Rustic Pallet Frame, 11 by 12 by 2-Inch
- DecoArt Americana Mixed Media Stencil, 12 by 12-Inch, Retro Mod
- Deco Art American Acrylic Paints: White Wash, Watermelon Slice, Marigold, Foliage Green, French Grey Blue
- Americana Creme Wax 2Oz-Clear
- Sanding Block
- Clean soft cloth
- Small Chalkboard