I love the look of daisies in old blue canning jars. It just says summertime.
It’s simple, beautiful and it makes me happy.
I recently got the opportunity to work with a new product, etching crème from Etchall®.
While looking around for something to etch, I noticed the daisies sitting on the table.
Hmmm…Wouldn’t that look great with a etched flower and a greeting?
It’s a super simple project. (just how I like it)
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Etchall Etching Crème
- Etchall Squeegee
- Old Blue Mason Jar
- Removable Painters Tape
- *Folk Art 30465 Peel and Stick Painting Stencil, Happy Words
- *DecoArt Patio Paint Self-Adhesive Stencils, 6 by 8-Inch, Funky Flowers
- Clean jar to remove all dirt, fingerprints and oil. Dry with a coffee filter, paper towel, or lint-free cloth.
- Apply Stencils to jar. Burnish the edges of the stencil. You’ll want to make sure no edges are coming up.
- Mask around the stencil with removable painters tape for extra surface protection.
- Apply a heavy coat of etchall® etching crème to the masked area of the stencil.
- Leave etching crème on design for 15 minutes. After etching time has elapsed, use the squeegee to return the crème back into the original container for later re-use.
- Rinse etched surface with hot water to remove any remaining crème. Remember to keep crème away from porcelain sinks or ceramic tiles.
Step #2 Step #3 Step #4
The etched flower looks subtle against the water in the blue jar. I like it.
Thank you to Etchall® for providing the product to work with.
*Disclosure: I am a Amazon Affliate.