Re-purpose a canvas bag and make it personal!
Last year I received a really nice, large and sturdy canvas bag from a event I attended.
While I really do appreciate all the sponsor’s named on that bag…
I knew I use it more if I made it personal.
With Joy Iron-on Embroidered letters personalizing it was a snap…
choosing from the large variety of colors and fonts available wasn’t quite as easy.
Step one… Remove the sponsor’s iron-on transfer logo with a
XYRON Adhesive Eraser (*affiliate link).
While this may not work for every type of bag, it worked great on this one.
Making it Personal…
- Set dry iron to cotton setting.
- Surface of fabric to which letters are to applied should be clean.
- Cover Letters with a lightweight or sheer pressing cloth.
- Using firm pressure, iron over letters for 30 seconds.
- Turn item over, iron on back for 30 seconds.
- Allow to cool before handling.
Joy® iron-on, embroidered letters are available in a variety of fonts, sizes and colors. White letters can also be colored with dye, paint, markers and more to create custom colors!
“Make it Personal” was created for and sponsored by Joy SA.
*Disclaimer: This blog uses ads and affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase using one of the links, I receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you) that helps offset the costs of maintaining this blog. Thanks for your support!