The March Calendar Girl card was made by using one the pages from my
Calendar Girls Mini Coloring Book* by Adornit.
The card was water colored using dye ink pads and a Waterbrush*
I apply the ink directly onto a piece of acetate and pick up the ink with my water-brush.
MATERIAL LIST: (*affiliate links)
- 81032 Calendar Girls Mini Coloring Book* (ADORNit)
- 22489 Green Chevron 12” x 12” Paper (ADORNit)
- 22737 Art Ply Paintables-Occasions (ADORNit) (inside of card)
- Cardstock: Cream, Gold, Olive
- Dye Inkpads
- Acetate Sheet
- Tombow Marker #851 Salmon
- Diamond Stickles Glitter Glue*
- Gold Gel Ink Pen*
- Enamel Dots
- Xyron Tape Runner*
- 5/8” Ivory Sheer Ribbon
March Calendar Card Directions:
- Form a 5 x 6 ¾ inch card from cream cardstock.
- Cut green chevron patterned paper to 4 ¼ x 6 inches. Adhere to gold cardstock and trim a small border. Adhere layers onto 4 ½ x 6 ¼ olive green layer and then onto the cream card base.
- Cut Calendar Girl coloring page to 3 ¼ x 4 ¾ inches.
- Apply light watercolor wash to coloring page using waterbrush and ink from light blue dye ink pad.
- Color on acetate sheet with the salmon marker; pick up color with waterbrush and color girls face on coloring page.
- Dab ink onto the acetate sheet with ink pads. Pick up color with waterbrush and paint the rest of the calendar image.
- Add gold accents to the glasses, center of flower, skirt, socks and lettering using the gold gel pen.
- Add diamond stickles to the girls hair and vest.
- Adhere calender girl to a thin gold cardstock border and onto the front of the card base.
- Add green enamel dots to the bottom corner of the card.
- Tie a sheer ivory ribbon to left side of card.
Finished card size: 5” x 6 ¾”
March Calendar Girl was sponsored by ADORNit*.
*Disclaimer: This blog uses ads and affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase using one of the links, I receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you) that helps offset the costs of maintaining this blog. Thanks for your support!