Create a Quick and Easy Iridescent Birthday Card with StyleTechCraft Opal Vinyl.
When making a card using StyleTechCrafts Opal Vinyl, a regular picture just won’t do.
You need to see the shimmery iridescent fun.
StyleTechCraft’s Opal Vinyl is one of the coolest vinyl they have.
The colors shift dramatically based on light and their surroundings and adds a little
razzle dazzle to this simple birthday card.
To make the Birthday Card I used… (*amazon affiliate links)
- Styletech Opal Vinyl Sheets*
- Styletech Transfer Tape*
- Craft Vinyl Tools*
- Silhouette Cameo Wireless Cutting Machine*
- Swiss Dots Embossing Folder*
- Sizzix Big Shot Machine*
- 3L Self-Adhesive Scrabbook Foam Embellishment Sheets*
- Xyron Tape Runner*
- Black and White Cardstock
*Disclosure: This blog uses ads and affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase using one of the links, I receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you) that helps offset the costs of maintaining this blog. Thanks for your support!
- Cut several 3/4″ strips of Opal Vinyl and stick it onto a 4 1/2″ X 6″ piece of black cardstock. For my card I used Pink, Blue and Green Opal Vinyl.
- Trim the excess vinyl strips from the sides of the cardstock.
- Cut the cardstock 4″ x 5 1/4″.
- Place the cardstock into the Swiss Dots Embossing Folder* and run the paper and folder through the Big Shot Machine*.
- The embossing folder creates a wonderful raised background.
- Using my Silhouette Cameo Wireless Cutting Machine*…I designed the words “Happy Happy Birthday to You”.
- I strategically placed strips of Opal Vinyl onto my cutting mat so that the words line up with the vinyl.
- Cut the words using the Silhouette Cameo Wireless Cutting Machine*.
- Using a weeding tool carefully remove the negative spaces in and around the letters.
- Place a piece of Vinyl Transfer Tape* over the letters. Rub over the letters using a vinyl scraper tool to help the vinyl cling
- Apply words onto a piece of 3 1/4″ x 4 1/2″ white cardstock.
- Remove transfer tape.
- To give the card additional dimension…I added a piece of thin foam onto the back of the white cardstock.
- Adhere the layers onto a 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ white card.
“This is a sponsored post. As a member of the StyleTechCraft Design Team I have been provided product and compensation in exchange for my creative ideas. The views and opinions are my own.
You can now find the full line of StyletechCraft online at ATSM.