How to Make a Red Buffalo Plaid Frame
- Carta Bella Christmas Market Chipboard Accents
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paint-Country Red*
- DecoArt Americana Multi-Surface Satin Acrylic Paint, Black Tie*
- Blue Painter’s Tape*
- White Sanding Block*
*Disclosure: This blog uses affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase using one of the links, I receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you) that helps offset the costs of maintaining this blog. Thanks for your support!
- Lightly sand wood frame with a sanding block to smooth the frame and remove any oils and imperfections.
- Paint frame with DecoArt Americana Country Red Acrylic Paint*. (allow paint to dry)
- Add strips of painter’s tape onto the frame to make stripes. Rub your finger over the tape to make sure that the tape is securely on the frame and has no gaps.
- Paint inside the stripes with black paint. Be careful not to apply the paint too thick. Only one thin coat of paint is needed.
- Remove painter’s tape.
- Allow black paint to fully dry before continuing to the next step.
- Rotate the frame and apply the tape in the opposite direction. Make sure the tape is securely on the frame.
- Paint additional stripes.
- Lightly sand the frame after dry. Sanding brings out the woodgrain and helps to hide any little imperfection.
- Wipe the frame smooth with a clean cloth.
- Apply the Carta Bella Christmas Market Chipboard Accents to front of frame.
The Red Buffalo Plaid Frame was made in Sue’s 2019 Holiday Workshop.