I was searching online for Mini Greenhouses when I came across an image of a container
for starting seeds that reminded me of the containers found in the
That image sparked an idea for creating a moveable mini greenhouse.
“This is a sponsored post. As a member of the StyleTechCraft Design Team I have been provided product and compensation in exchange for my creative ideas. The views and opinions are my own.
Because everything’s a little better when you add vinyl…
I decided to personalize the containers.
I used a Silhouette Cameo Electronic Die Cutting Machine* to create and cut the flower
Using the weeding tool, carefully remove the negative spaces in and around the letters.
This blog uses affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase using one of the links, I receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you) that helps offset the costs of maintaining this blog. Thanks for your support!
Stager and layer the vinyl flowers to create a marigold-looking flower.
To apply the vinyl:
- Cut a piece of transfer tape a little larger than the words.
- Lay transfer tape over the words and give a gentle rub using a scraper tool.
- Use the transfer tape* to apply the words onto the container.
- Rub over the transfer tape with the scraper tool to help the letters stick.
- Remove the transfer tape*.
The Deflecto Stackable Caddy Organizer* comes with three clear containers; small, medium,
and large. I used the two larger containers to plant my seeds.
I took the lid off the smallest container and used it to hold my garden tools and seed packets.
- Add a layer of potting soil to the bottom of the clear containers and sprinkle the top with seeds.
- Add a thin layer of soil on top of the seeds and water.
The containers create a humidity dome which is great for keeping seeds moist and protected.
The seeds will start to sprout in a 5-10 days.
When the seedlings mature, I will transfer them into pots and then into the ground.
My Mini Greenhouse Seed Starter is easy to move around so I can take advantage of the best
sunshine. A great project to do as a family.
(Watch the video for more information on the Deflecto Stackable Caddy Organizer*.)
For more Family Fun you might also like…