How to Make Soft and Delicate Looking Paper Roses…
Bloom with Grace…A sweet and simple card using the In Full Bloom Stamp & Die Set
from the Maker’s Movement and the Spring Farmhouse paper from Simple Stories.
A great card for feminine Birthdays or Graduations
or anytime you want to send a little encouragement.
Bloom with Grace Products Used: (*affiliate link)
- MSD217 In Full Bloom Stamp & Die Set
- Crossover II Fabric & Paper Cutting System*
- 10590 Spring Farmhouse Paper Collection- Welcome Home (Simple Stories)
- 10588 Spring Farmhouse Paper Collection- Gather Beauty (Simple Stories)
- Card-stock: Cream and Rose
- Inks: Pink and Green
- Ink Blending Tool*
- Large Ball Stylus Tool*
- Craft Molding Mat*
- Reverse Grip Tweezers*
- Beacon 3-in-1 Advanced Craft Glue*
- Xyron Tape Runner*
- Cream Sheer Ribbon
- Cream Twine*
*Disclosure: This blog uses ads and affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase using one of the links, I receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you) that helps offset the costs of maintaining this blog. Thanks for your support!
To Create a Soft Realistic Looking Tea Rose…
- Use the Crossover II Die-Cutting System* to cut the flower shape out of cream cardstock.
- Ink the outside edges of the flower shape using the Ink Blending Tool* and soft pink/rose ink.
- Place the flower cut out on the craft molding mat*. (approximately the thickness of a computer mouse pad)
- Using a large ball stylus tool*, press down on the center of the shape until the paper starts to bow. This helps the paper when you start to manipulate the shape.
- Start at the outside end of the flower and use the reverse grip tweezers* to start slowly rolling the spiral.
- When your finished rolling, glue the bottom tab to the rose shape to hold the flower in place.
- Use the reverse grip tweezers* to grasp the side of the flower and roll it back to form the natural curve of a petal.
It’s really quick and easy to make these delicate looking roses.
To finish the card…
- Die-cut a vase using the Spring Farmhouse scrapbook paper.
- Assemble a card base using coordinating decorative scrapbook paper.
- Glue the small roses over the top of the vase.
- Add stamped leaves and the die-cut words “bloom” .
- Finish with a small cream tag with the words “with grace” stamped in green.
*FTC Disclosure… “This is a sponsored post. I have been provided product and compensation in exchange for my creative ideas. The views and opinions are my own.”