I really love these New Winter Release Dies from Eileen Hull and Sizzix.
The new dies cut the cute little Post Box*, which is perfect for letters to Santa or even a gift card
and the Teacup Box* that you can fill with teabags and other holiday goodies.
You will have fun embellishing and creating holiday treats for everyone on your list!
Letters for Santa…
I created the Christmas Teacup first and thought that it would be my favorite project.
Then I created the Christmas Letter Box*, and IT IS MY FAVORITE.
I think it would make a cute ornament to hang on the tree.
Little kids can write a note and stick it inside for Santa to read.
The Post Box Die* cuts the box in one piece. Just fold on the score lines and glue.
I like to use Rapid Fuse Adhesive* to hold my sides together. (Thirty seconds and it’s ready.)
A Cup of Christmas Tea.
This project was inspired by the book A Cup of Christmas Tea*.
Many, many years ago, I owned a Gift Store. One of the many items we sold was Teapots and Teacups. One Christmas, I happened across the story of A Cup of Christmas Tea*. It’s the story of a young man’s reluctant visit to an elderly aunt at Christmastime, and the unexpected joy it brings. I loved the story so much I decided to sell it in the store. Many times, customers would stop and read the book while browsing. I had more than one customer with tears in their eyes purchase the book. It’s a sweet book, and it reminds me now more than ever the importance of taking the time with those we love.
A few details on the Christmas Teacup.
- Before cutting out the die, I used my Xyron Creative Station*to put adhesive on the back of the Snowflake scrapbook paper. Just place the paper on the Creative Station design side up and crank the handle to run it through the machine. It adds an even layer of adhesive on the entire piece of paper.
- I adhered the paper to a piece of white mat board*and ran the covered mat board and die through the Big Shot Die-Cut Machine* to cut.
- I edged the teacup with a DecoColor Premium Silver Calligraphy Pen*. I used the pen to paint the mat board spoon also.
*Disclosure: This blog uses affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase using one of the links, I receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you) that helps offset the costs of maintaining this blog. Thanks for your support!
Materials Used on the Christmas Letter Box and Christmas Teacup:
- 664797 Eileen Hull 3-D Teacup & Spoon Sizzix Die*
- 664798 Eileen Hull 3-D Box, Post Die*
- Sizzix 6″ x 13″ White Mat board*
- Sizzix Big Shot Die-Cut Machine*
- Xyron Creative Station*
- AMC003 “Magical Three” 12″ x 12″ Two-Sided Paper (Authentique)*
- AMC004 “Magical Four” 12″ x 12″ Two-Sided Paper (Authentique)*
- DecoColor Premium Silver Calligraphy Pen*
- DAP Rapid Fuse All Purpose Adhesive*
Authentique Paper “A Magical Christmas Collection” available at Scrapbook.com
For more great projects from the New Winter Release make sure to check out the Blog Hop on Eileen Hull’s Blog.