Fairfield World’s 80th Birthday Celebration
If you are a crafter, chances are you’ve used Poly-fil a time or two. (or much, much more)
Would you believe they’ve been around for 80 years?
My grandma used poly-fil for years, and so have I.
So when given the opportunity, I jumped at the chance to help them celebrate.
And talk about celebrating, they even sent us a box of goodies to inspire us.
How cool is that? (my favorite was the cheese popcorn)
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. I have been provided product in exchange for my creative ideas. The views and opinions are my own.
With Christmas coming soon, I decided to make a couple of Red Posies Felt Ornaments.
I enjoy stitching from time to time, but because I’m not an expert by any means,
I’m going to call them “Simple Homespun Charm”.
Materials Used: (*affiliate links)
- Fairfield Poly Fil Premium Fiber Fill*
- Kunin Felt: Red, Cream, and Olive
- D1009 Posey Die Set #3
- Circle Die
- Crossover II Die-Cutting Machine*
- Beacon Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive*
- Embroidery Scissors*
- Small Buttons
- Needle and Thread
- Optional: Joy Iron-on Embroidered Letters
*Disclosure: This blog uses affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase using one of the links, I receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you) that helps offset the costs of maintaining this blog. Thanks for your support!
- Die-cut the flowers, leaves, and circles out of felt.
- Arrange the die-cut pieces on the felt.
- Add a small dab of fabri-tac adhesive* under the top felt piece to hold it in place while you do your stitching.
- I like to start with the top layer first and work my way down so that I’m not going through as many layers of felt at one time.
- Hand sew simple stitches in white and red thread around the pieces.
- Use small, close stitches to close the ornament 3/4 of the way closed.
- Add a small amount of poly-fil into the center of the ornament and finish sewing it closed.
- Use a large hole needle to add twine to the top of the ornament for hanging.
- Adhere a small bow onto the top of the ornament with fabri-tac adhesive*.
- To add a small word, like the word joy, iron the letters onto the felt circle before stitching.
For more 80th Birthday Celebration check out Fairfield World on Instagram.