I picked up a bag of old kitchen hardware for 50¢ at a Garage Sale.
I can’t resist a good bargain and knew I might even use them someday.
After disassembling and using them on a couple of projects,
I put the rest in a container high on the shelf for another day.
I ran across them again the other day and had an idea…
How would they look with cream spray paint?
I knew I was onto something and let the idea marinate in my head for a day or two.
This is what I came up with and I’m pretty happy with the results.
For my Ornament:
- Paint the base plate from old kitchen hardware with cream spray paint.
- I added silver around the edge using my finger tip and paint from a Chisel Point Pen Tip Calligraphy Paint Marker, Silver* (affiliate link)
- Remove the small wooden base from a small bottle brush tree. With small pliers bend the remaining wire tip up into the tree.
- Cut the back of the bottle brush tree to make it flat.
- Glue tree in place with Beacon Adhesives Zip Dry.*
- For a little extra sparkle, I rubbed clear glitter glue into the bristles of the tree. Glue pearl beads and place directly into tree.
- On the top of the ornament I used a piece cream twill ribbon with an inexpensive plastic star ornament on a silver jump ring. Tied it in place with a piece of burlap twine and small cream button.
- I added a silver jingle bell that I painted and distressed with sandpaper and tied on with a satin ribbon.
- Place the word sticker onto a thin piece of chipboard, trim around sticker, lightly sand the edges for a distressed look and glue into place.
Here’s a simpler idea. I love this one too.
I bet your going to start rummaging through that junk drawer in the garage and see what you can find.
Shop Amazon Scrapbooking Supplies*
*Disclaimer: This post uses ads and affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase using one of the links, I receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you) that helps offset the costs of maintaining this blog. Thanks for your support!
5 thoughts on “Christmas Ornaments from Old Kitchen Hardware”
These are both so pretty. Yes, I’m going to rummage through my junk drawer. Thanks for the inspiration.
Thanks for the compliment and for stopping by. Visited your lovely blog.
Have a wonderful Christmas.