I showed the ladies this technique during the Holiday Workshop.
They made the “Joy” into a magnet.
I forgot to bring along this tag for show and tell.
This tag was made and featured on my blog 3 years ago.
I love this technique and thought you might as well.
Start with a small piece of matboard or chipboard approx. 2″ x 2 1/2″ and chipboard letters spelling the word “Joy”.
I also used:
Zip Dry Glue
Decocolor pens in white and pale blue
Foil Tape (found in the hardware store, used to seal duct work seams)
1. Glue letters onto the small chipboard with Zip Dry Glue.
2. Apply Foil Tape over chipboard. I make the chipboard slightly smaller than the tape so that I don’t have any seams.
3. Using the bone folder, gently go around each letter to bring out the detail.
4. Paint the background with the paint pen. To give it a snowy affect, when
giving a second coat of paint, dot the paint with the tip instead of brushing.
5. Use the pale blue pen to color the letters. Allow both colors to thoroughly
6. Using a sanding block, lightly sand the letters and edges of the chipboard.
7. For a finishing touch, paint the letters with stickles glitter glue.
The tag also uses:
Prima Flowers (Holiday Celebration Snow Drop)
Vivid Ink: Aqua
Scrapbook Paper (Fancy Pants Designs)
1/8′ Hole Punch
Lace, Silver Ribbon and Small Flat Snowflake Ornament