Impress your friends with an Easy and Elegant Metal Foil Tape project.
I love this technique and thought you might as well.
Start with a small piece of matboard or chipboard approx. 2″ x 2 1/2″ and chipboard letters spelling the word “Joy”.
I also used: (*amazon affiliate link)
Beacon Adhesives Zip Dry Paper Glue*
Marvy Deco Color White Paint Marker* and Pale Blue*
Aluminum Foil Tape* (found in the hardware store, used to seal duct work seams)
1. Glue letters onto the small chipboard with Beacon Adhesives Zip Dry Paper Glue*.
2. Apply Aluminum Foil Tape* over chipboard. I make the chipboard slightly smaller than the tape so that I don’t have any seams.
3. Using the bone folder, gently go around each letter to bring out the detail.
4. Paint the background with the paint pen. To give it a snowy affect, when
giving a second coat of paint, dot the paint with the tip instead of brushing.
5. Use the pale blue pen to color the letters. Allow both colors to thoroughly
6. Using a sanding block, lightly sand the letters and edges of the chipboard.
7. For a finishing touch, paint the letters with stickles glitter glue.
The tag also uses:
Prima Flowers (Holiday Celebration Snow Drop)
Vivid Ink: Aqua
Ink Blending Tool*
Scrapbook Paper (Fancy Pants Designs)
Corner Punch, Rounded*
1/8 Inch Round Hole Punch*
Lace, Silver Ribbon and Small Flat Snowflake Ornament
Disclaimer: This blog uses ads and affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase using one of the links, I receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you) that helps offset the costs of maintaining this blog. Thanks for your support!