Impress your friends with an Easy and Elegant Metal Foil Tape project.
I love this technique and thought you might as well.
Start with a small piece of matboard or chipboard approx. 2″ x 2 1/2″ and chipboard letters spelling the word “Joy”.
Joy Tag products used: (*amazon affiliate link)
- Beacon Adhesives Zip Dry Paper Glue*
- Marvy Deco Color White Paint Marker* and Pale Blue*
- Aluminum Foil Tape* (found in the hardware store, used to seal duct work seams)
- Bone Folder*
- Chipboard letters
*Disclosure: This blog uses affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase using one of the links, I receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you) that helps offset the costs of maintaining this blog. Thanks for your support!
1. Glue letters onto the small chipboard with Beacon Adhesives Zip Dry Paper Glue*.
2. Apply Aluminum Foil Tape* over chipboard. I make the chipboard slightly smaller than the tape so that I don’t have any seams.
3. Using the bone folder, gently go around each letter to bring out the detail.
4. Paint the background with the paint pen. To give it a snowy affect, when
giving a second coat of paint, dot the paint with the tip instead of brushing.
5. Use the pale blue pen to color the letters. Allow both colors to thoroughly
6. Using a sanding block, lightly sand the letters and edges of the chipboard.
7. For a finishing touch, paint the letters with stickles glitter glue.
The tag also uses:
Prima Flowers (Holiday Celebration Snow Drop)
Vivid Ink: Aqua
Ink Blending Tool*
Corner Punch, Rounded*
1/8 Inch Round Hole Punch*
Lace, Silver Ribbon and Small Flat Snowflake Ornament