How to make a Snowman Using Smoothfoam balls and snowtex
Making a Snowman is pretty easy. All it takes is a little patience and time.
(and a few ingredients) ↓
Here’s what you’ll need to make a Snowman: (*amazon affiliate link)
- Smoothfoam 2″ Foam Ball*
- Smoothfoam 3″ Foam Ball*
- 4″ Smoothfoam Ball*
- DecoArt DAS9-4 Snow-Tex, 4-Ounce*
- White and Orange Acrylic Paint
- DecoArt Craft Twinkles Paint, 2-Ounce, Crystal*
- Palette Knife*
- Paint Brush
- 3 Inch Felt Top Hat, Black*
- Strip of Gingham Fabric
- Strip of Grey Felt
- Small Brads and Holly Embellishment
- X-ACTO 1 Knife*>
- Craft Glue*
- Bamboo Skewer*
*Disclosure: This blog uses ads and affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase using one of the links, I receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you) that helps offset the costs of maintaining this blog. Thanks for your support!
- Cut a small section off the bottom of the 4″ Smoothfoam ball so that it sits flat.
- Cut a couple of 3″ sections from the bamboo skewer. Stick the skewer into the center of the 2″ and 3″ Smoothfoam balls.
- Add craft glue to the ends of the skewers before sticking the three balls together to form the snowman base. (Allow glue to fully dry before continuing to the next step)
- Using a palette knife, smooth Snow-tex over Snowman base. Here’s where the patience comes in… Allow a couple of hours for the Snow-tex to completely dry.
- Paint the entire Snowman base with white acrylic paint. This fills in and helps cover any area missed by the Snow-tex.
- For a Frosty Look…paint the Snowman base with Craft Twinkles Glitter Paint.
- Cut a thin strip of grey felt and glue around the base of the hat to create a band. Glue holly embellishment onto band to cover seam. Glue to the top of the Snowman head.
- Cut a strip of gingham fabric and tie around neck. Cut small slits into the ends of fabric for fringe.
- Use two small black brads inserted into the head for the eyes. Use five micro black brads insert as the mouth.
- Cut the pointed end from a bamboo skewer and paint with orange paint. Stick into head for the nose.
Here’s a Close up of Mr. Snowman. Isn’t he Handsome?
This project was created for Smoothfoam and sponsored by Smoothfoam and DecoArt.
Love Snowmen? Create your own “Snowball Fight” here.
4 thoughts on “How to build a Snowman with Smoothfoam…”
He’s so cute!!!
Thanks. I have a little thing for Snowmen.
oh my he is gorgeous.and I have all those supplies already in the craft room…..here we go..lolol
Thank You. Have fun. 🙂