How to create an Easy Pickled Finish with Vintage Effect Wash from Deco Arts.
I had this unfinished wood tote that I wanted to use the new Vintage Effect Wash on.
My first thought was to just give the tote a cool white wash using the paint.
But after further thought and a little experimentation, I decided to warm up the look by
staining it with a Walnut Gel Stain first. I love the way it turned out.
This would make a great garden tool holder, picnic caddy, or my favorite…a Craft Tote.
DIY Pickled Crate
Supplies Used: (*affiliate link)
- Unfinished Wood Crate
- DecoArt Americana Gel Stains Paint, Walnut*
- Decoart Vintage Effect Wash Grey*
- Decoart Americana Decor Stencil, Live*
- DecoArt Americana Multi-Surface Satin Acrylic Paint, White Birch*
- Paintbrush, Stencil Brush*
- Removable Painter’s Tape
- Clean Soft Rag
- Lightly sand the wood crate if necessary.
- Paint or brush crate with DecoArt Americana Walnut Gel Stains Paint*.
- Rub off excess stain with soft clean rag. Allow stain to dry.
- Apply Decoart Vintage Effect Wash Grey* onto crate with brush allowing the stain to show through. Wipe with clean soft rag if necessary. (It’s that easy!)
- If desired, add stenciling onto the crate.
- Apply a sealer to protect the finish.
The Love Beyond Words Pickled Crate was sponsored by DecoArts.
Disclaimer: This blog uses ads and affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase using one of the links, I receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you) that helps offset the costs of maintaining this blog. Thanks for your support!