Quick and Easy Christmas Decorations using Wood Scraps, Vinyl and Stencils.
Got any old wood scraps lying around?
My Dad used to keep a box of old wood scraps for the kids to build and play with.
I grabbed a few of the worn out blocks for my holiday projects.
To make the Holiday Blocks…
- Paint one of the blocks grey with DecoArt Vintage Effect Wash* and the other block paint using DecoArt Americana Chalkboard Paint*. (*affiliate link)
*Disclosure: This blog uses ads and affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase using one of the links, I receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you) that helps offset the costs of maintaining this blog. Thanks for your support!
- Using a Silhouette Cameo 3* and Red Glossy Vinyl, I cut out the word “Believe”.
- Remove the excess vinyl (the negative pieces) using a Craft Vinyl Weeding Tool* or pick.
- Use Vinyl Transfer Tape* to pick up and apply the word directly onto the block of wood.
- Rub over the letters using a vinyl scraper tool to remove bubbles and help the vinyl cling to the wood surface better.
- Remove transfer tape.
- Tie a simple ribbon around holiday berries and glue it to the top of the painted wood block using a quick dry glue*.
- I placed the block onto an old vintage metal base scrounged and saved from my Dad’s garage. (I love reusing cool old vintage junk.)
- The Stag and Merry Christmas images were also created using my Silhouette Cameo and applied the same way as the Believe block.)
really simple Holiday Décor.
StyleTechCraft Christmas Colors Bundle on Amazon*
If you don’t have access to an electronic die cutter you might want to try a little DIY stenciling.
- The “Believe” wood block was painted with red acrylic paint and stenciled using the Believe stencil from DecoArts and a stencil brush*
Another quick and easy Holiday DIY.
Need Stencils? I have several DecoArts Stencils in my Etsy Shop.
“This is a sponsored post. As a member of the StyleTechCraft Design Team I have been provided product and compensation in exchange for my creative ideas. The views and opinions are my own.
3 thoughts on “DIY Christmas Blocks from Wood Scraps”
Love these Christmas blocks! So cute!😁