Rainbow Glittered Monogram with Mod Podge Ultra
I have used Mod Podge for years…
So, when Plaid gave me the opportunity to try out Mod Podge Ultra, I thought why not.
I always love trying something new.
What makes Mod Podge Ultra different?
America’s favorite decoupage medium is now available as a spray! Mod Podge Ultra is a super strong, non-toxic spray formula that works as all-in-one glue and sealer with a high adhesion level. Perfect for adding dimensional design embellishments to your projects. This versatile, water-based formula dries quickly and naturally self-levels, leaving no brush marks. It cleans up easily with soap and water and is available in both matte or gloss finishes.
For my Framed Rainbow Glitter Monogram I used: (*affiliate links)
- Mod Podge Ultra*
- Various Shades of Ultra Fine Glitter from Art Glitter.
- Chipboard letter “S”
- Inexpensive frame from Dollar Tree*
- Silver Leaf Paint Pen*
- Protect your work area with newspaper or drop cloth.
- Shake Bottle for 15 seconds.
- Prime the nozzle with a few test pumps.
- Spray the chipboard letter with Mod Podge Ultra using short even strokes.
- Add various colors of glitter over the letter.
- Pour excess glitter off. Allow project to dry for 30 minutes.
- Seal letter with 1-2 coats of Mod Podge Ultra.
- Allow the letter to fully dry.
- Accent the outside edge of the letter using the silver leaf paint pen with a chisel point.
- Spray or paint the back of the letter with Mod Podge Ultra and add to a piece of black chipboard.
- Place inside frame for fun and funky framed art.
- Just like a paint brush, Mod Podge Ultra Spray tops need to be cleaned after every use. If they aren’t they will clog and become unusable.
*Disclosure: This blog uses ads and affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase using one of the links, I receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you) that helps offset the costs of maintaining this blog. Thanks for your support!
With most glittered projects… if you touch the glittered area you leave a little bit of glitter everywhere you go. Once I sealed the glittered “S” the glitter does not rub off. How cool is that.
A special Thank You goes out to Plaid the makers of Mod Podge Ultra*.
My project is part of a Blog Hop put on the Designer Crafts Connection Blog.
For more fun projects using Mod Podge Ultra and the list of participating blogs click here.
FREE Shipping & FREE Returns Every Day on Fine Art Prints & Wall Murals
with code SHIPFREE at Minted!
19 thoughts on “Glittered with Mod Podge Ultra”
I love how the new Ultra Spray Mod Podge works with glitter, the color blending on the bottom of your S is to die for!
It’s so sparkly 😍! I’m all about the bling! Really cute!
No such thing as too much glitter – and I love that it is completely sealed and won’t flake off! Cute!
I’m not usually a glitter person. But, for this project I LOVED the fact that the glitter stays in place. (My kitchen floor another story.)
Very pretty, it came out awesome!
Thank you Nadine
Turned out really pretty
So nice that this works with glitter and it seals it so it won’t come off!
Great job and very pretty!
YOU NEVER FAIL!!! This is so much fun and I see me borrowing your idea for future gifts.
LOVE LOVE LOVE BLING!!!!
Thank you. You always bring a smile to my face.
I LOVE glitter! Great project.
I could become a fan of glitter if it stayed in place. Lovely project!
Thank you. I have a little leftover glitter ✨in the kitchen. But what I put on the project stayed. 😀
This is lovely! Great idea!
Thank You Lynda.