Add a little Joy to your Fall Home Décor with this quick and easy Fall Centerpiece.
I wanted to make something new to decorate my mantel for fall this year.
So…I made a quick (or not so quick) trip to my local Hobby Lobby.
While there, I found this unfinished wood pumpkin and a fall floral pick (among other things).
It went together really quick. I had it painted and put together in no time.
To be honest, the project didn’t turn out exactly how I envisioned in my head,
I think it turned out better. (my original thought was to paint it in soft muted fall colors)
The best part of the whole process was…
this simple wood painted pumpkin inspired my son to spend the next few hours arranging
and rearranging my mantels until he got them just perfect. (and that makes me happy!)
Faux Barn Wood Pumpkin Supplies Needed:
- Joy Black Embroidered Letters
- Beacon 3 in 1 Glue*
- Wood Pumpkin (Hobby Lobby)
- Deco Art Acrylic Paints: Coffee Bean*, Dark Scarlet*, Country Red*
- Fall Floral Pick
- Fine Grit Sandpaper*
- Ribbon and Twine
*Disclosure… This blog uses ads and affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase using one of the links, I receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you) that helps offset the costs of maintaining this blog. Thanks for your support!
Create the look of old barn wood using a wood pumpkin cut-out and acyrlic paint.
- Paint the wood pumpkin with brown acrylic paint. Make sure to get down into the grooves.
- After the brown paint has dried paint the sections of the pumpkin with alternating colors.
- Sand the pumpkin with a fine grit sandpaper* to distress and smooth the wood.
Glue the embroidered letters and floral pick onto the wood pumpkin with Beacon 3 in 1 Glue*.
- Create a bow with sheer ribbon tied in the center with twine and glue onto the top of the pumpkin for the finishing touch.
A quick and easy Fall Centerpiece for my mantel.
You can find a wide selection of Joy® embroidered iron-on letters