Christmas in July with Eileen Hulls New Release Snowman and Mitten Dies.
I wanted to share with you a couple of fun Wintery projects using the NEW dies that are
now available from Eileen Hull and Sizzix*.
The Gingham Mitten Gift Box uses the #664510 Mitten Box Die by Eileen Hull.
It cuts out all the pieces you need to make a super cute gift box that you can fill with treats.
A few tips…
- Adhere the gingham paper to Sizzix, Little Sizzles White Mat Board* using your favorite adhesive before cutting out the mitten die. I like to use the Xyron Creative Station* to adhere the paper to the mat board so I get complete adhesive covering.
- Paint the inside and sides of the box with red acrylic paint.
- Glue lace onto the front of the gingham mitten before assembling the box. I like to use a super-fast grab adhesive like DAP Rapid Fuse Adhesive*to glue my pieces together.
The second project is a Snowman Note Card Holder.
I used the #664511 Snowman Box Die by Eileen Hull and adapted it a bit.
- When I saw the scored piece that is supposed to be used to create the box, I saw a fence. So, of course, I had to make a Snowman decorating a fence.
- I glued two of the box parts together to make the fence. I created a platform out of extra pieces of Little Sizzles Mat Board* for a place for the fence to stand.
The Snowman Box Die cuts all the pieces to makes these two adorable Snowman Boxes.
Extra Snowman Supplies (*affiliate links)
- DecoArt Dimensional Effects*
- DAP Rapid Fuse Adhesive*
- DecoArt “Red Hot” Americana Multi-Surface Satin Acrylic Paint*
- DecoArt One Step Crackle Paint*
- Marvy White Liquid Applique*
*Disclosure: This blog uses ads and affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase using one of the links, I receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you) that helps offset the costs of maintaining this blog. Thanks for your support!
There’s a lot of dimension that was added to my Snowman.
- I painted the fence and snowman with white acrylic paint. After the paint had dried, I gave them both a coat of One Step Crackle Paint*. The thicker the paint the larger the crackles. (My crackles are more subtle.)
- I used White Liquid Applique* on the rim and top of the snowman’s hat. I let the liquid applique dry before heating it with a Heat Tool* to raise it. If you let it dry before heating, the liquid applique raises evenly not bumpy.
- I used DecoArt Dimensional Effects*on the tops of the fence and around the base. I also used it on the bottom of my Snowman.
Check out the creative ways the Inspiration and Education Teams have used the Mitten and Snowman dies! We hope that you will be inspired too and share how you use the dies in the Eileen Hull Fan Club.
For a full list of designers visit Eileen’s Blog Here.
But wait- there’s more- the Release Party continues! You won’t want to miss the Facebook Live at Eileen Hull Designs at 12:00 noon Eastern time on Wednesday, July 1! Join the chat- and a random commenter will win the Snowman die.
Please hop with us through all of the projects and leave comments on the different designers’ blogs. A lucky commenter will win the Mitten Box die…