A Quick and Easy way to turn a Dollar Store wood cut out into a Plaid Pumpkin.
I found this cute inexpensive wood pumpkin* at Dollar Tree* and thought it would
make a cute little plaid pumpkin to add to my Fall decorations.
It was super simple to make.
Materials Used: (*affiliate links)
- Wood Pumpkin from Dollar Tree*
- Orange and Black Buffalo Plaid Scrapbook Paper*
- Xyron Creative Station*
- OLFA 6″x8″ Cutting Mat*
- X-Acto Craft Knife*
- Fine Grit Sandpaper*or Extra Fine Grit Sanding Sponge*
- Deco Art Black Tie Multi Media Acrylic Paint*
- Paint Brush*
- Black Tombow Marker*
*Disclosure: This blog uses affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase using one of the links, I receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you) that helps offset the costs of maintaining this blog. Thanks for your support!
- Paint the base of the pumpkin* with black acrylic paint.
- Cut a piece of orange and black plaid paper* slightly larger than the pumpkin shape.
- Insert the paper design side up into the Xyron Creative Station*. Crank the handle to run the paper through the machine. The Xyron Creative Station* adds complete adhesive covering to the back of the paper. (You could also use a glue stick or liquid glue adhesive.)
Everything you need to bring out creativity. Shop Xyron products! (free shipping, no minimums)
- Adhere the black and orange buffalo plaid paper* onto the front of the pumpkin.
- Cut the excess paper from the inside and outside of the pumpkin using a craft knife and cutting mat.
- Use a sanding block or extra-fine sandpaper to smooth the edges of the cut paper.
- Use a black or dark gray marker to add color to the edges of the paper to cover the white core.
Add to your Seasonal Décor and Enjoy!
Dollar Tree Tip…I have come to the conclusion when it comes to “Dollar Tree Holiday Product” that you need to buy them as soon as you see them. (you never know if it’ll be there the next time)
One thought on “DIY Dollar Store Plaid Pumpkins”
Hi Sue – I just LOVE how quick and easy this project was to complete!
Thanks for joining in the Creative Crafts Fall Edition.
We’d love for you to share over at our weekly Linky Party too!
It runs every Wednesday through Sunday.
Have a great week!