One of my favorite things to do during the holidays (besides eating Christmas cookies)
is to make things to decorate my home. My snowflake pillow is a simple sewing project
that makes a warm and cozy winter accent.
You can leave this pillow out long after the holidays are over.
For my Snowflake Pillow I used: (*affiliate link)
- Two 13″ x 13″ pieces of Premium Grey Felt
- 9″ x 12″ Cream Felt
- Red Buttons
- Fairfield Poly-Fil Premium Polyester Fiber, White, 1 Bag, 12-Ounce*
- Felt Snowflakes
- Beacon Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive, 4-Ounce*
- Sewing Machine
- Cut a 4″ x 12″ wavy piece from the cream felt.
- Add a small amount of Fabri Tac Glue on the back of the cream felt to keep it in place before sewing. Place that piece 1/2″ up from the bottom of the grey 13″ piece of felt.
- Glue Snowflakes in place. Hand sew the red buttons in the center.
- Machine sew around outer edges of the large cream piece.
- Machine sew between each of the snowflake arms.
- Turn felt pieces right sides together and sew with a 1/2″ seam allowance.
- Leave a 3″ opening at the bottom to add fiberfill.
- Turn pillow back around and stuff with fiberfill.
- Hand sew the pillow closed.
FYI…You can find die cut snowflakes in my Etsy Shop.
Thanks to the generous folks at Fairfield World for supplying the Poly-Fil.
*Disclaimer: This post uses ads and affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase using one of the links, I receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you) that helps offset the costs of maintaining this blog. Thanks for your support!
One thought on “Handmade Holiday: Sew Simple Snowflake Pillow”