Today’s project is a French Country Inspired Stenciled Burlap Table Runner for Fall.
This table runner is a Quick & Easy DIY project with no sewing involved.
To make the table runner you’ll need:
- Deco Art Americana Decor Stencil, The French Inn
- Deco Art Americana Chalky Finish Paint, 8-Ounce, Carbon
- Roll of Burlap
- Removable Painter’s Tape
- Stencil Brush
- Black Lace Trim
- Beacon Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive, 4-Ounce
- Make sure to lay paper down before stenciling on burlap.
- Tape around stencil with removable painter’s tape so that the stencil won’t move.
- Using a stencil brush, dip just the tip of your brush into the paint. Tap off excess paint.
- Stenciling is a “dry” brush technique.
- Apply paint with stencil brush in a straight up and down motion called stippling.
- Clean Stencil between each image.
- Glue lace trim onto each edge of the runner using Fabri Tac glue.
- Burlap is a rough fabric. You may want to add a layer of fabric or felt underneath the runner to protect the finish of your table.
Because I really liked how the table runner turned out…
I decided to create a pillow for the comfy chair in my dining room
I used muslin as a lining for the burlap and on the reverse side of the pillow.
(The pillow, of course, consisted of some sewing.)
*Disclaimer: This post uses ads and affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase using one of the links, I receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you) that helps offset the costs of maintaining this blog. Thanks for your support!