How to make A Merry Little Holiday House.
A cute little holiday decoration using the Eileen Hull House Ornament Die.
Perfect for gift giving. Just add a small battery operated tea light and see it glow.
A Merry Little House Supplies Used: (*affiliate links)
- Sizzix 663636 House Ornament Die by Eileen Hull*
- Buffalo Plaid Paper*
- Sizzix 6″ x 13″ Mat Board*
- Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting Machine*
- Black Corrugated Cardboard Paper Sheets*
- Christmas Market Chipboard Accent*
- Xyron Creative Station*
- Super Glue*
- Craft Pine Stems*
- Red Jute Twine*
*Disclosure: This blog uses affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase using one of the links, I receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you) that helps offset the costs of maintaining this blog. Thanks for your support!
- Cut two pieces of Red and Black Buffalo Plaid paper 6″ x 8″.
- Run both pieces of paper design side up through the Xyron Creative Station*. As the paper moves through the Creative Station it adds adhesive to the underneath side of the paper. You get full and complete adhesive covering on the paper.
- Cut two pieces of Mat Board* 6″ x 8″.
- Adhere the buffalo plaid paper onto each one of the mat board. (underneath will be plain)
- Lay covered matboard on top of the house ornament die and sandwich it between two sizzix cutting plates. Run the die, mat board and cutting plates through the Big Shot Die Cutting Machine*. The Big Shot will cut out the house shape and two tiny houses that you can use on a later project.
- Cut two houses shapes.
A Merry Little Holiday House bits and pieces.
- Carefully fold on the scored lines.
- Cut off the top tab with the two holes on both houses. (This tab is used if you want to make it an ornament.)
- You will also need to cut the bottom flap from one of the houses.
- Use Super Glue to assemble the house. Glue all sides of the house together before gluing the roof tabs. Leave bottom tab unglued so that you can add a small battery operated tea light.
- For the Roof: Cut a piece of Black Corrugated paper 2 1/2″ x 4″. Fold in half and glue to top of the roof.
- Place two small pieces of white matboard over the window section of the ornament house die and run through the big shot die cutting machine. Trim around matboard to create two small windows. Glue windows frames onto house.
- Add the “Merry” chipboard sticker from the Christmas Market Chipboard Accents to the front of the house.
- Make wreath out of a 6″ piece of the craft pine stem.
- Create a small bow from the red twine and glue onto front of wreath.
- Glue wreath to front of the house.
Carta Bella Christmas Market Collection* (available on Amazon)