Double, Double Toil & Trouble
I’m mixing up a little Halloween fun in the cauldron with this cute little shaker card.
The shaker card uses the “Witch, please” stamp and die set from the Maker’s Movement.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. I have been provided product and compensation in exchange for my creative ideas. The view and opinions are my own.
Materials Used: (*affiliate link)
- MSD227 Witch, Please Stamp and Die Set
- MMT219 Spooky Shaker Sprinkles
- MMT212 Clear Acetate Sheets
- MMT211 Double Sided Foam Craft Sheet
- Crossover Fabric II & Paper Cutting System*
- Black Ink-pad and Acrylic Stamping Block
- Xyron Create-A-Sticker Maker*
- Xyron Mega Runner*
- CBHAL104012 All Hallows Eve 12″ x 12″ Scrapbook Paper (Carta Bella)
- OLFA 6″x8″ Cutting Mat*
- X-Acto Craft Knife*
- DecoColor Tip Calligraphy Paint Marker Set*
- 3L Scrapbook Thin Black Adhesive 3D Foam Squares*
- Card-stock: Black, Rust, Glossy Copper, Aged Parchment and Light Green
*Disclosure: This blog uses affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase using one of the links, I receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you) that helps offset the costs of maintaining this blog. Thanks for your support!
How to Make a Toil and Trouble Halloween Shaker Card….
There are several different ways to make a shaker card. (This is how I decided to make this one.)
- Cut a piece of double-sided adhesive craft foam approx. 3-1/4″ x 4-3/4″.
- Using the caldron outline die, die-cut the caldron shape into the craft foam.
- Cut a piece of scrapbook paper approx. 4″ x 5-1/2″. Die-cut the cauldron shape into the scrapbook paper.
- Cut a small piece of acetate to cover the opening of the caldron.
- Remove protective coating off the acetate.
- Remove the protective liner off the double-sided adhesive craft foam.
- Stick the acetate over the opening.
- Line up and stick the cauldron opening of the scrapbook paper over the cauldron opening of the craft foam and acetate.
- Trim the excess paper using a cutting mat and craft knife.
- Turn the craft foam over and fill the cauldron with Spooky Shaker Sprinkles. Make sure not to overfill, you want to leave enough room for the sprinkles to shake.
- Cut a second piece of acetate to cover the cauldron opening.
- Pull back the protective liner on the craft foam and place the acetate over the opening.
- This is a little pro tip…I used a black calligraphy paint pen marker to color the sides of my craft foam. The white core would have just made the foam stand out and not in a good way. I like to use a black marker to cover the edges of my darker colored paper that would have a white or light core.
- When using small or thin die-cut shapes, I like to run the paper through the Xyron Create-A-Sticker Maker* before cutting out the shapes. (It makes it so much easier to apply.)
- Cut a cauldron outline from glossy copper card-stock and stick onto the acetate.
- Cut the boiling pot shapes out of light green card-stock and stick on the top of the cauldron.
- Die-cut small bubbles from the die set and mount using thin black adhesive 3D foam squares* over the various circles of the scrapbook paper.
- Stamp words in black ink onto a small piece of aged parchment card-stock. Mount onto the front of the card using thin black foam squares.
- Remove the protective liner from the back of the craft foam and stick onto a glossy card-stock layer.
- Add the additional layers onto a black card.