The Sweet Life Tiny Book.
The theme for Eileen Hull’s teams this month was “Crafting with Unconventional Materials”.
I do love a crafty challenge. I’ll admit this one stumped for a minute or two.
This challenge had my waistline taking one for the team.
The mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups were leftover from Easter.
I can’t think of a better way to use them up.
- Eileen Hull/Sizzix Tiny Book Die*
- Sizzix Making Essentials 6″ x 13″ Mat Board*
- Mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups*
- 3″ Xyron Disposable Sticker Maker*
- Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine*
- StyleTechCraft White Glossy Craft Vinyl*
- White Card Stock
- Scoring Board and Scoring Tool*
*Disclosure: This blog uses ads and affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase using one of the links, I receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you) that helps offset the costs of maintaining this blog. Thanks for your support!
- Carefully unwrap the peanut butter cup wrappers. Smooth out the wrinkles using your fingernail.
- Place the wrappers into the opening of the disposable sticker maker. Pull the wrappers through on the back of the machine, tear.
- Cut the wrappers into smaller strips and pieces.
- Carefully peel the wrappers from the adhesive backing and place them randomly onto a 3 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ piece of matboard.
- Lay the matboard on the Sizzix Tiny Book Die facedown.
- Run the die through the Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine* to cut out the Tiny Book cover.
- Carefully fold the book on the score lines.
- Cut two pieces of white cardstock 2 3/4″ x 11″. Score both pieces of cardstock every 2 1/8″ to create a long accordion piece. You will end up with a small tab at the end of both strips. Use the first tab to connect the strips. Cut the second tab off. Refold to make a long accordion strip.
- Adhere both ends of the cardstock into the front and back cover.
- To embellish the front of the album, I cut the words “The Sweet Life” using White Glossy Craft Vinyl* and a Silhouette Electronic Die-Cutting Machine*.