For the Love of Old Trucks…
When I first shared Eileen’s New Vintage Truck in June, I said, “Can you imagine it as an old
rusty pickup filled with miniature pumpkins?” Well, here it is.
Except it’s not rusty looking and old…
instead I tricked it out with a shiny new paint job. (so to speak)
How to Create a Vintage Pumpkin Truck with Eileen Hull Vintage Truck Die* from Sizzix.
- Instead of painting the pieces of the truck, I used adhesive vinyl on the truck parts before die-cutting them.
- Cut a piece of mat board slightly larger than the shape you are going to die-cut.
- Apply vinyl on both sides of the mat board and die-cut the shape using the Vintage Truck Die* and the Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine*.
*Disclosure: This blog uses ads and affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase using one of the links, I receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you) that helps offset the costs of maintaining this blog. Thanks for your sup
Materials Used: (*affiliate links)
- Eileen Hull/Sizzix Vintage Truck Die* (on Amazon)
- Sizzix Making Essential – Mat Board, 6″ x 13″, White, 6 Sheets*
- Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine*
- Black Calligraphy Paint Marker*
- Rapid Fuse Adhesive*
- StyleTechCraft Glossy Craft Vinyl: Black and Silver*
- StyleTechCraft Ultra FX Vinyl: Rust FX*
- Silhouette Electronic Die-Cutting Machine*
- When all the pieces have been die-cut, go around the edges with a black calligraphy paint marker. Adding paint to the edges will cover up the white core of the mat board and give the pieces more detail.
- Adhere the pieces of the truck together using Rapid Fuse Adhesive*.
Adapting the truck to carry a wider load.
- I wanted the truck to have a wider body, to carry a larger load.
- After die-cutting the bottom piece for the truck bed, cut the piece in half.
- I cut a second piece of mat board 2″ x 6″. (or you could even cut it a little wider than that)
- Glue the scored die-cut pieces to the bottom of the larger mat board using Rapid Fuse Adhesive*.
- Cut out the words “Pumpkin” and “your family name farm” using black adhesive craft vinyl and a Silhouette Electronic Die-Cutting Machine*.
- Apply onto the side of the truck using Transfer Tape*.
- Cover a small piece of mat board with woodgrain scrapbook paper. Darken the edges of the matboard with Vintage Photo Distress Ink*.
- Glue the truck together and fill it with miniature pumpkins.
A Fun Fall Décor Piece.
2 thoughts on “DIY Vintage Pumpkin Truck”
Absolutely adorable Sue! Love how you widened the body to hold more/bigger pumpkins ❤
So cute, so smart and so easy! Widening the truck bed is genius!