Fall Floral Stained Glass Card made with the Sizzix Skinny Mini Elements Thinlet Die by Eileen Hull.
I was lying in bed the other night when I got the idea for this card.
(That’s when I get some of my best ideas.)
It was perfect for the Eileen Hull Card Bonanza Month over on her blog.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. As a member of the Eileen Hull Educator Team, I have been provided product in exchange for my creative ideas. The view and opinions are my own.
The Fall Floral Stained-Glass Card is a fairly simple card to make.
The one thing that made this card easy was using my Xyron Creative Station*
on the cardstock before die-cutting.
- Cut a piece of gold cardstock slightly larger than the Skinny Mini Elements Die* to use as the base of the card.
- Choose a dark gray cardstock for the outline and three pieces of fall-colored cardstock for the inside pieces.
- Place the cardstock into the Xyron Creative Station* and crank the handle to run the paper through the machine. The Xyron Creative Station* adds a complete layer of adhesive to the cardstock making each little piece a sticker. That made assembling the card simple or “simple-ish.”
- Place the die on the cardstock and die-cut the gray and the fall-colored paper using a Sizzix Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine*.
- Trim the gray paper to the size of the die. Remove and discard all the tiny inside pieces using a craft pick*. Remove the protective liner from the back of the cardstock and center it onto the gold cardstock layer.
- Use a craft pick* to place the inside flower pieces from the colored cardstock.
- Sizzix Skinny Mini Elements Thinlet Die by Eileen Hull*
- Sizzix Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine*
- Xyron Creative Station*
- Sizzix Craft Pick*
- Hero Arts Enamel Dots*
- Cream Ribbon
*Disclosure: This blog uses ads and affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase using one of the links, I receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you) that helps offset the costs of maintaining this blog. Thanks for your support!
- Finish creating your flower pattern and add several cardstock layers to a cream card.
- Add a sheer cream bow.
There’s so much more that you could add to the card, like a greeting or a small tag.
But I decided to keep it simple. (or as I mentioned before…”simple-ish”.)
I thought I was finished with this card.
But then again, sometimes things just evolve.
A stained-glass card needed rhinestones.
I added Clear Enamel Dots from Hero Arts* to the center of each flower.
For another card idea using the Sizzix Skinny Mini Elements Die,
check out the Skinny Mini Christmas Poinsettia Card below.