Kringle’s Christmas Tree Truck is an Easy Holiday Dollar Tree Craft.
The Christmas Tree Truck is a fun and inexpensive craft to create with the family.
This project is easily adaptable to fit your color scheme and style.
So have fun with it. (I did!)
I only spent $3.75 at Dollar Tree and added a few items I had on hand.
(If you have to order them online, Dollar Tree has smaller quantities available for the truck.)
This is what I used: (*affiliate links)
- MDF Wood Trucks Wall Plaque*
- Small Wood Tray*
- Red, Green, and Black Acrylic Paint*
- Titebond Wood Glue*
- Silhouette Cameo Electronic Die-Cutting Machine*
- StyleTechCraft Silver Adhesive Craft Vinyl*
- StyleTechCraft Vinyl Transfer Tape*
- StyleTechCraft Vinyl Tool Kit*
- Craft Stem
- Beads, Ribbon
- Rapid Fuse Adhesive*
- Small Christmas Trees (mine are from IKEA)
*Disclosure: This blog uses ads and affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase using one of the links, I receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you) that helps offset the costs of maintaining this blog. Thanks for your support!
- Paint both sides of the Wood Trucks with acrylic paint.
Unless you are steady-handed and can paint a perfect circle, here’s a trick I used.
- Cut a circle the same size as the truck wheel. Cut the circle in half and use it as a mask to paint the top of the wheel. I used removable vinyl to cut my circle.
- I used StyleTechCraft Silver Adhesive Craft Vinyl* and a Silhouette Cameo Electronic Die Cutting Machine* to create and cut the graphics for the side of the truck. If you don’t have vinyl, you could always use letter stickers.
- Use the vinyl pick tool to remove the excess vinyl from inside and around the letters.
“This is a sponsored post. As a member of the StyleTechCraft Design Team I have been provided product and compensation in exchange for my creative ideas. The views and opinions are my own.
- Cut a piece of Vinyl Transfer Tape* to fit over the vinyl words. Gently rub over the transfer paper using the squeegee tool. Lift the transfer tape to remove the vinyl from the white liner.
- Using the vinyl transfer tape, line up the words onto the side of the truck.
- Gently rub over the vinyl transfer tape using the squeegee tool to make sure all the image has transferred.
- Remove the transfer tape.
StyletechCraft products brought to you by ATSM Craft*
I added words to a plain ornament to create a “cut your own” sign.
- I used Wood Glue* to glue the truck. I needed glue that would give me enough time to line up the box and still be sturdy enough to hold the weight.
- Allow time for the glue to dry before picking up the finished truck.
- Decorate the body of the truck using a craft pine stem as garland.
- Glue small bows and beads onto the garland.
- When picking out the small rectangle box to use as the bed of the truck, I thought the star was perfect.
- Fill the bed of the truck with small Christmas Trees.
Kringle’s Christmas Tree Lot
You’ll need several mini trees to make a Christmas Tree Lot.
When I ordered the little trees at IKEA, I really hoped the trees would fit.
I couldn’t be happier with the size.
3 thoughts on “Kringle’s Christmas Tree Truck”
Thank You. 🙂
So cute! Great tip about painting the wheels.